Mizar Imaging Summer Fellowship at MBL
Mizar Imaging is proud to support summer courses at the Marine Biological
Laboratory in Woods Hole, MA. We are looking for 3-5 scientists, from recent
graduates to junior faculty, to join us for 2-3 weeks (or more) this summer as core
members of our support team. This will be a great opportunity for fellows to work
with the outstanding course students and faculty from around the globe and to
image a diverse range of samples on the Tilt light sheet from Mizar Imaging.
• Strong microscopy skills and experience with imaging live cells and tissues
• Experience with quantitative imaging a plus
• BS degree in physical or life sciences, Ph.D. preferred
• Fellowships are for 2-3 weeks, and in some cases may be for longer
• Dates may be any time between June 2 and August 29, with “peak” activity
from June 17 to July 5
• Fellows will be training scientists how to use the Tilt light sheet, which is
straightforward to learn, as well as guiding them through the imaging
• Mizar will provide housing and stipend
We welcome applicants who might be new to the excitement of summer courses
in Woods Hole, as well as old hands. Better science is done when people from
diverse backgrounds get together, and Mizar strongly supports efforts to broaden
participation in the sciences.
Applications will be accepted until March 8and decisions made by March 22
Please email your CV and weeks of availability to email@example.com to apply.
Mizar is growing. Check back frequently.