Mizar Imaging Summer Fellowship at MBL
Mizar Imaging is proud to support summer courses at the Marine Biological Laboratory in Woods Hole, MA. We are looking for scientists from recent graduates to junior faculty, to join us this summer as members of our support team. This will be a great opportunity for fellows to work with the outstanding course students and faculty from around the globe and to image a diverse range of samples on the Tilt lightsheet from Mizar Imaging.
The MISF is an in-person program in Woods Hole, MA, USA. We will follow the guidelines set by MBL: https://goforward.mbl.edu/
- Strong microscopy skills and experience with imaging live cells and tissues
- BS degree in physical or life sciences, PhD preferred
- Experience with quantitative imaging is preferred
- Flexible beginning and end dates will be considered
- Session 1 (supporting Embryology) June 5 - July 18
- Session 2 (supporting Physiology) June 12 - July 17
- Session 3 (supporting Zebrafish Development and Genetics) July 28 - August 11
- Fellows will be training scientists how to use the Tilt lightsheet, which is straightforward to learn, as well as guiding them through the imaging process
- Fellows are encouraged to design and perform their own research project (we have some suggestions!)
- Mizar will provide housing and stipend
We welcome applicants who might be new to the excitement of summer courses in Woods Hole, as well as old hands. Better science is done when people from diverse backgrounds get together, and Mizar strongly supports efforts to broaden participation in the sciences.
Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled.